Areas of Specialization
- Cataract Assessment and Surgery
- Corneal surgery
- Medical retina assessments (Macular degeneration, diabetic eye disease, retinal vein occlusion)
- Surgical retina assessments and surgery (vitrectomy, epiretinal membrane peel, retina detachment, macular hole)
- Refractive laser and surgery
- Orbital surgery (fractures, thyroid eye disease, orbital tumors and masses)
- Electrophysiology and diagnostic testing
- Medicolegal reports
- Glaucoma surgery (trabeculectomy, shunts, microinvasive stent surgery)
- Paediatric assesssments (squint, amblyopia, low vision)
- Genetic eye diseases
- Squint assessments and surgery
- Eyelid surgery
- Pterygium surgery
Dr Marc Sarossy is an ophthalmologist and Head of Ocular Diagnostics at The Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital.
He completed his PhD from the University of Melbourne in the electrophysiology of glaucoma.
He is an Editorial Board Member of the journal Eye and a member of the International Society for the Clinical
Electrophysiology of Vision. Dr Sarossy has research appointments at the Centre for Eye Research Australia and RMIT University and teaches at the Melbourne Medical School at the University of Melbourne.